This is my go-to muffin recipe.
It's been tweeked a hundred times.
Actually, I don't think I ever make it the same, twice.
But here is the gist of it:
makes 12 muffins (or 8 regular sized and 2 jumbos, if you're a fan of variety)
- 5 tbsp salted butter, softened (if you don't use salted butter, I definitely recommend adding a dash of salt, it really heightens the flavor!)
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup yogurt (I buy a ton of single-serve yogurts when they go on super-sale at Sprouts. I think they're about half a cup. This time I used Brown Cow - Vanilla with a splash of milk to make up for the difference)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup wheat germ (sometimes I'll use flax meal or ground oats)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries (in my home, a blueberry muffin MUST be jam-packed full of berries)
- Turbinado sugar for sprinkling
Wisk all the wet ingredients in one bowl, and the dry in another.
Toss blueberries around in the dry mixture.
Add wet to dry and stir until just combined. (should be fairly wet)
Fill your oiled/buttered/lubricated-in-some-way muffin tin almost to the top.
Sprinkle a bit of sugar atop each muffin for added crunch.
Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
Blueberries look really tiny in the jumbo muffins...